Justin is a partner in our corporate team. He advises clients based primarily in London, the Thames Valley and across the South on all aspects of corporate law, including in particular M&A and venture capital transactions for clients in the technology sector and transactions for owner managed businesses.
His general corporate work includes advice on acquisitions, disposals, buyouts, joint ventures, demergers and reorganisations. He also advises companies and investors on all kinds of venture capital deals, covering funding rounds from start-up and seed through angel funding and on to major institutional rounds, as well as acquisitions and exit deals. He covers all elements of the technology sector, and life sciences and university spin-out deals in particular.
Justin also has extensive experience of international deals, especially those involving US or German parties.
Recent work highlights
- Acting for NeRRe Therapeutics on its £23 million Series B funding by a syndicate of investors including Fountain Healthcare Partners, Forbion Capital Partners and OrbiMed, and existing investors Advent Life Sciences and Novo A/S.
- Advising Oxford Gene Technology on its acquisition of Cytocell Limited.
- Advising Westcoast (Holdings) Limited on its acquisition of Viglen Technology.
- Acting for King's College London on the spin-out from King's, the Francis Crick Institute and Cancer Research Technology and funding by Abingworth of Gamma Delta Therapeutics.
- Acting on numerous venture capital transactions including funding deals for: Plaxica (Touchstone, Invesco and NESTA), FutureGov (NESTA, Surrey County Council), iJento (Nauta, MMC Ventures, Oxford Capital), C5 Capital (Metrasens), CoCo Therapeutics (Advent), Libamen (angel investors), Helveta (Albion Ventures, Oxford Capital), Oxford Photovoltaics (MTI, Longwall), Cortexica (Touchstone Innovations) and CalciCo Therapeutics (Advent, Touchstone).