David is a partner in the corporate team advising on a wide range of corporate transactions and business issues. His transactional work includes acquisitions and disposals and venture capital and private equity, often acting for some of the more high profile businesses in the region. Many of his transactions also involve an international element.
He has a particular specialism in the technology, media and publishing sectors, acting for a number of IT companies and publishers both regionally and nationally.
David is rated in Chambers UK as one of the leading corporate lawyers in the South East region, being described as 'straightforward, intelligent and responsive' and 'incredibly capable', as well as someone who ‘tailors his advice knowing what we need and what our business needs'.
Recent work highlights
- Advising the shareholders of the Norbar Torque Tools group of companies on the sale of the group to Snap-On Inc, which is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, for approximately $72 million.
- Advising Evotec AG, a publicly listed drug discovery solutions company, on its takeover of Cyprotex plc by means of a scheme of arrangement. The acquisition valued Cyprotex’s share capital at £41.7 million with an enterprise value of £55 million.
- Advising Williams F1 on its listing on the Frankfurt stock exchange and the public offering of its shares in the UK, Germany, Switzerland and Austria with a market capitalisation on listing of €250 million.
- Acting for the majority shareholders on the management buyout of Tessella. The MBO valued Tessella at £18 million and was recognised as 'Deal of the Year' at the Thames Valley Deal Awards.
- Acting for the shareholders on the sale of Wild Automotive to The Sertec Group, creating a £250 million turnover business in the automotive sector with ten manufacturing plants across the UK, Germany and Hungary.
- Advising Oxford University Press on a number of acquisitions, including Nelson Thornes Limited and MyMaths Limited.