Marya is a commercial property lawyer with specialist knowledge of the healthcare property sector and public funding incentive schemes. She has advised on a wide range of transactions including funding and development agreements, lease regears, asset management agreements and general portfolio management, leases of central London offices, and of retail premises in high streets, railway stations and hospitals across the UK.
She is admitted to practise as a solicitor in England and Wales, having initially trained and qualified in Sydney, Australia and is a member of the British Property Federation, Primary Care Premises Forum, Women in Healthcare Property Forum and Women in Property.
Marya’s clients have commended her ‘committed’ and ‘conscientious’ approach.
Recent work highlights
- Acting for major institutional investors providing capital by way of £75 million retail bonds and three £50 million private placements for substantial portfolios of healthcare properties held by Primary Health Properties and Octopus/MedicX.
- Advising the landlord of a major office park in relation to Telefonica’s disposal of multiple call centre premises to Capita, and in relation to the development and letting of a new multi-storey building to HSBC.
- Acting for an offshore private equity investor on the acquisition for redevelopment of residential tower blocks in central Manchester, conditional on planning, removal of overage covenants, re-gearing of long leases, and acquisition of public open space.
- Negotiating a £7.9 million development facility agreement with the Homes and Communities Agency under the ‘Build to Rent’ scheme.
- Advising on the property aspects of compliance with Centrica requirements in a £2.7 million Environmental Commitment Obligation (ECO) funding agreement with British Gas.